Join us for this annual event to celebrate the hop harvest here in Minnesota. Since the early days, we have been growing our own hops for our annual fresh hop brew called Harvestör™. We have outgrown the garage and the backyard hop garden. We have partnered up with our friends at Hippity Hops Farms in Forest Lake, MN. They grow organic hops right here in Washington County. Last year we enlisted your help to pick the hops at the brewery. Not sure what to expect? Check out the Heavy Table article from last year.
5-8 pm – All ages – Free – We will cut down the bines and bring them into the brewery. Join us there to help pick fresh hops for the brew. We will be brewing during the event! We will have live blue grass music from The Farm House Band and plenty of beer. This is open to all ages. You must reserve your free spot using the online ticket system.
9-Midnight – 21+ – $8+fees or $10 day of – Pat McCurdy will be on stage to play a great mix of tunes. Haven’t heard of Mr. McCurdy? Well then you are in for a treat. Your entrance fee gets you your first beer (or root beer if you prefer) and access to the show. Pick up tickets online or skip the fees and buy at the brewery taproom.
When: Friday, September 7th, 2012, 5-8 PM and 9-Midnight.
Where: Lift Bridge Brewery, 1900 Tower Drive, Stillwater, MN
Cost: Free and $8 from the brewery or Online (+transaction fees), $10 at the door.
Below is a list of questions we commonly get. We will update the list as they come in.
- UPDATED – What if I get hungry and want some grub? Food will be provided by two of our favorite fine food trucks. The MidNord Empanada Truck and NateDogs will both be on hand.
- How about kids? Yes and No. They are welcome for the Pickin’ portion but not the Grinnin’ portion. We have root beer for those driving and those under 21.
- Can I buy tickets the day of? We sold out last year, so we recommend getting yours now. We will update the online ticket site so you can see how many spots are left.
- Do you accept credit/debit cards? Yes, most credit cards are accepted.
- UPDATED – Will you have any special beer on tap for the event? Yes, we are releasing Lift Bridge Oktoberfest. It is a Märzen style beer just in time to celebrate the harvest and Oktoberfest. It will be release at the event and available the in fine beer bars and restaurants the following week.
- What if I want to come to both parts? Great! That is highly encouraged. When signing up, pick up tickets for both the Pickin’ and Grinnin’.
- When will Harvestör™ be ready? Look for it the end of September at fine beer bars and the taproom.
- Can I get a growler of Harvestör™? Yes, once the beer is ready, we will have growlers to go in the taproom.
- UPDATED – Can I get a growler of Lift Bridge Oktoberfest? Yes, you will be able to take a growler home with you starting Friday (9/7).
- Will you bottle Harvestör™ this year? Not this year.